Friday, January 10, 2003
DAREDEVIL MOVIE UPDATE
20th Century Fox has provided The Continuum with three new images of Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin from the Daredevil movie.
"Coming from being in three-and-a-half hours of make-up in Planet of the Apes and another hour in Scorpion King, this is just like a breath of fresh air," he said.
"I am so happy to have these suits on and can just have as little make-up as possible on. You just don't know. It's very refreshing to come to set and get dressed up in the nice suits that they had made for me and then to be able to have to fight in these suits is really like the coolest thing on earth at this point. I love it."
Click on the thumbnails for larger and fuller images and look for an interview with Duncan soon here in The Continuum.
In other Daredevil news:
* The film's new trailer was previewed on E! News Daily and Access Hollywood on Thursday and then went online later in the evening. Click on the thumbnails at the end of this story for grabs from the trailer.
* The second-season premiere of Independent Film Channel's Dinner With Five will feature the cast of Daredevil on Monday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m. Hosted by Jon Favreau, who plays Foggy, the guests include Ben Affleck (Matt Murdock/Daredevil), Colin Farrell (Bullseye), Jennifer Garner (Elektra) and Kevin Smith (coroner Jack Kirby).
* Toy Biz has provided The Continuum with a look at the Daredevil movie action figure from the Marvel Legends line. Click on the thumbnail for a larger image.
* The final track listing for Daredevil: The Album, available Feb. 4, has been released. A video for Fuel's "Won't Back Down" is expected next week.
Here's a rundown of the tracks:
1. Fuel - "Won't Back Down"
2. The Calling - "For You"
3. Saliva - "Bleed For Me"
4. Seether - "Hang On"
5. Nickelback - "Learn the Hard Way"
6. Drowning Pool feat. Rob Zombie - "The Man Without Fear"
7. Nappy Roots feat. Marcos Curiel of P.O.D. - "Right Now"
8. Moby - "Evening Rain"
9. Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life"
10. Chevelle - "Until You're Reformed"
11. Hoobastank - "Right Before Your Eyes"
12. Palo Alto- "Fade Out/In"
* The film's novelization, by Greg Cox and based on the screenplay by director Mark Steven Johnson, is now in stores.
In the book's story, several minor characters are named after Daredevil comics creators, including Bill Everett, Frank Miller, John Romita, Gene Colan, Jack Kirby, Joe Quesada, David Mack and Brian Michael Bendis.
The book is 250 pages and has a cover price of $6.99.
Click on the thumbnails for both the book's front and back covers.
* Daredevil will have a PG-13 rating.
* The film's world premiere will take place in Los Angeles, sources told The Continuum. The date is not official, but frequently with Fox these events take place on the Tuesday before the film's opener. The film opens Friday, Feb. 14.
* Farrell, who plays Bullseye, will be a presenter at the Golden Globe Awards.
* Look for more Daredevil news on Saturday here in The Continuum.
CROSSGEN COMICS FIRST LOOKS
For covers and four- or five-page previews of CrossGen Comics titles arriving in stores on Wednesday, CLICK HERE.
Titles include Negation #14, Sojourn #19 and Sigil #32.
30 DAYS OF NIGHT TRADE ENHANCEMENTS
IDW Publishing has announced that the first 7,500 copies of the 30 Days of Night trade paperback book will include a tip-in plate hand-signed by Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith.
IDW is over-printing initial orders, so retailers can still get copies of the book with the hand-signed tip-in plate if they place advance re-orders now. The book will remain in print after these copies are gone, but only the first 7,500 copies will include the tip-in plates.
In addition to the previously announced eight all-new story pages, IDW Publishing has also added 24 pages to the book which feature Niles' script for the first issue.
The book will feature cover flaps, covers that feature a matte finish with spot uv gloss, and what IDW calls "the best paper available on the market."
"Fan and retailer support has been so strong for 30 Days of Night that we really wanted to thank everyone who helped us make the title such a hit. Steve and Ben agreed to hand-sign 7,500 tip-in plates and IDW decided to take some of the money we made selling the movie rights and put that back into the book," said Ted Adams, IDW Publishing's president.
The 30 Days of Night trade paperback will be in stores on Jan. 29. It's 104 pages and retails for $17.99.
E-mail the Continuum at RobAlls@aol.com
Copyright © 2002, The Comics Continuum