The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Buy This Original Poster At AllPosters.com
Monday, July 21, 2003
COMIC-CON: DC COMICS' SUPER TEAMS PANEL
SAN DIEGO -- Saying that "every creator has one really good Justice League story in them and we're going to explore that," JLA editor Mike Carlin said he is trying a new approach of rotating creative teams on the book.
Among the creative teams will be Dennis O'Neil and Tan Eng Huat for JLA #91-93 and Chris Claremont and John Byrne on JLA #94-99. Others working on the book will be Gail Simone, Bill Willingham, Dan Slott, Howard Chaykin and Killian Plunkett.
The regular JLA team of Joe Kelly and Doug Mahnke will move on to Justice League: Elite, a 12-issue maxi-series featuring the characters from Action Comics #775 that spins out of JLA #100.
In other news from the panel:
* JLA #83 will begin a series of unique fill-ins that, when completed, comprise a single story. ChrisCross is drawing the fill-ins. JLA #83 will feature Superman.
* JLA #90 will resolve the Batman/Wonder Woman romance.
* Kurt Busiek said that JLA/Avengers #1 is at the printers. The second and third issues are being lettered and colored.
* Kelly said Justice League: Elite will be darker and edgier than the monthly book. He said that he looks at the 12 issues as "Season 1," and with proper reader response, there could be a "Season 2." Carlin said that he was surprised to get permission to use two of the characters in the book.
* Kelly said the six-issue "Trial By Fire" arc will ship weekly and will follow up "The Obsidian Age," showing characters who haven't been in JLA for a while.
Writer Geoff Johns said he has plotted the book out through #75 and supplied some of his plans for the title.
A JSA: Lord Dynamo mini-series is in the works. It will be written by Kevin Anderson, with art by Barry Kitson.
E-mail the Continuum at RobAlls@aol.com
Copyright © 2003, The Comics Continuum