Thursday, September 11, 2003
DC COMICS FIRST LOOKS
For covers and four-page previews of titles arriving in stores on Wednesday from DC Comics, CLICK HERE.
Titles include Superman/Batman #2, Arrowsmith #3, Birds of Prey #59, Cinnamon: El Ciclo #2, Human Target #2, iCandy #1, Lucifer #42 and Smax #2.
MARVEL COMICS FIRST LOOKS
For covers and four-page previews of upcoming titles from Marvel Comics, CLICK HERE.
Titles arriving in stores on Wednesday include Uncanny X-Men #431, Wolverine #5, Daredevil #52, Weapon X #12, Wolverine: Snikt! #4, Spider-Man & Wolverine #4, Captain Marvel #14, The Crew #5 and Gun Theory #1. Titles arriving on Oct. 1 include Supreme Power #3 and Ultimate Spider-Man #47.
TOP COW'S NEW LICENSED BOOKS
Top Cow Productions is expanding its custom comics division by publishing two new licensed books this fall.
By working with Eidos Entertainment, Dark Lantern Pictures, and Pop Art Film Factory, Top Cow is creating comic book stories that will reach both gaming fans and movie enthusiasts based on familiar properties. Legacy of Kain: Defiance will be written by Top Cow associate editor Scott Tucker and drawn by Top Cow artist Tyler Kirkham. Knights of the Jaguar will be adapted from the screenplay and drawn by Top Cow artist Mike Choi.
Legacy of Kain will be used as a special retail promotion in the Babbages and Electronic Boutique chain stores, and will also be available in specialty comic shops in January through Diamond Comics Distributors.
"Staying faithful to the world, and the characters that the video game fans know and love is important," Tucker said. "The real challenge falls in writing a story that not only fans of the game will like, but that also makes sense to someone completely unfamiliar with the history."
The new Legacy of Kain game is the fifth in the series, creating a lot of source material to be adapted into one comic.
"Overall it was a lot of fun to work on, and I am looking forward to playing the new game myself," Tucker said.
Knights of the Jaguar is a mini-comic"that will be inserted into the direct-to-DVD release of the film, and will also be available in specialty comic shops in January through Diamond Comics Distributors.
Adapted from Robert NaptonŐs screenplay, the comic will focus on the struggle between an ancient demon, Azar, and the Knights of the Jaguar, shape-shifting Werecats, and how this struggle has entered the modern day through an FBI agent and terrible visions.
"Top Cow enjoys producing custom comics because they help expand the audience of comic book readers by tapping into other mediums such as video games. We can capture the excitement and adventure of a video game in a comic book format, and appeal to non-comic book readers," said Joel Elad, director of marketing for Top Cow.
With the Sept. 23 release of Smallville: The Complete First Season on DVD, Warner Home Video has provided The Continuum with loglines and credits from the 21 episodes that will be included.
For a complete rundown, with images, CLICK HERE.
COMICS CONTINUUM BACK ISSUES
In case you missed The Continuum's recent coverage, here are some links:
* For Friday, Sept. 5, including Spider-Man/MTV news, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Sept. 4, including X-Men: Evolution news, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Sept. 3, including Spider-Man animated news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, Sept.2, including Justice League and Batman news, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, Sept.1, including Street Fighter and Teen Titans news, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, Aug. 30, including Mutant X news, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, Aug. 29, including Justice League season-premiere news, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Aug. 28, including Smallville season-premiere news, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Aug. 27, including Mutant X and Batman animated news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, Aug. 26, including Transformers news, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, Aug. 25, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, Aug. 23, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, Aug. 22, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Aug. 21, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Aug. 20, CLICK HERE.
E-mail the Continuum at RobAlls@aol.com
Copyright © 2003, The Comics Continuum