Sunday, March 21, 2004
WIZARD WORLD LOS ANGELES: JOE QUESADA PANEL
Fabian Nicieza and Rob Liefeld are re-teaming for an X-Force mini-series, Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Joe Quesada announced at his panel at Wizard World Los Angeles on Saturday.
"Rob's coming back and doing the work of a lifetime," Quesada said of the six-issue series brining back the characters from the 1990s series.
In other news from the panel:
* Quesada said there will be "a few" mini-series coming up from the Ultimate imprint. "And there may be one more Ultimate title," he said. "We're going to see."
* Joss Whedon "hits the ground running," Quesada said of the writer's work on Astonishing X-Men.
* David Mack is working on a Marvel project.
* "Sins Past," a new Spider-Man story arc, promises to "change things for quite a while," Quesada said.
* Quesada confirmed a J. Michael Straczynski Dr. Strange project and said several writers are showing interest in Cloak and Dagger.
* Runaways is on the cusp of cancellation, but the title is helped by trade paperback sales. "We want to keep it alive as long as possible," Quesada said.
E-mail the Continuum at RobAlls@aol.com
Copyright © 2004, The Comics Continuum