Click Here to Buy Posters!
Friday, August 20, 2004
THE BATMAN: THE CHARACTERS
Kids' WB! and Warner Bros. Animation have provided The Continuum with character descriptions and images from The Batman, the animated series that will premiere on Saturday, Sept. 11.
For a breakdown on the 10 major characters, with images, CLICK HERE.
You can also click on the images on this page for more art from the show. And look for more on The Batman very soon here in The Continuum.
SPIDER-MAN 2 ON DVD
Spider-Man 2 will be released two-disc DVD and VHS on Tuesday, Nov. 30 from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.
The Spider-Man 2 two-disc DVD will be available in wide- and full-screen versions. Also available will be a DVD two-pack of the original Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 (in both wide and full screen two-packs) and a Spider-Man 2 Superbit DVD which uses a high bit-rate digital transfer process which optimizes video quality and offers both DTS and 5.1 audio.
Also available is a collectible gift set containing the Spider-Man 2 widescreen DVD, a postcard collection of Spider-Man 2 artwork, exclusive limited edition 25-page comic book artists' portfolio, collectible "concept-to-screen comparison" portfolio and a reprint of the Marvel comic book, Amazing Spider-Man #50, titled "Spider-Man No More."
The set will have more than ten hours of all new content and includes an exclusive 12-part documentary on the making of Spider-Man 2, a multi-angle behind-the-scenes featurette on the making of the action sequence on the Pier, director and talent commentaries, bloopers and more.
"Spider-Man's extraordinary mass appeal crosses demographics of young and old and possesses an allure to both action fans and romantic movie-goers," said Benjamin S. Feingold, President of Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment division. "Translating across audiences, the Spider-Man 2 DVD is poised to rank as one of the most popular choices on everyone's year-end holiday wish list and a must-have purchase that will dominate home entertainment revenue in the fourth quarter. It will be an instant collector's item."
Disc One bonus features include: Commentary with director Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, producer Avi Arad and co-producer Grant Curtis; Blooper Reel; "Spidey Sense 2" trivia track with "pop-up" facts and trivia about the film and the world of Spider-Man; Four Web-i-sodes -- original online featurettes from the film's theatrical release; Train "Ordinary" music video; and Previews.
Disc Two bonus features include: "Making the Amazing" -- A 12-part documentary from pre-production to the Hollywood premiere; "Hero in Crisis" -- A deeper look into Peter Parker and his personal battles in the continuing story of Spider-Man; Ock-Umentary: "Eight Arms to Hold You" -- A special look at Doc Ock from the comics to the big screen; "Interwoven: The Women of Spider-Man" -- A look into the lives of Mary Jane, Aunt May and the other women in Peter Parker's life; "Enter the Web" -- A groundbreaking multi-angle look behind-the-scenes at the climatic Pier sequence captured in real-time; Art Gallery -- A collection of Alex Ross' paintings used in the opening credits of the film; Activision's "Spider-Man 2: Spinning the Game" -- A behind-the-scenes
look at the making of "Spider-Man 2: The Game"; and Weblinks.
NEW TEEN TITANS EPISODE
"Aftershock, Pt. 2," a new episode of Teen Titans, debuts on Cartoon Network on Saturday at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).
Here's how the network describes the episode:
"In a world without Titans, Slade has taken control of everything: the streets, the city, and the heart of his young apprentice."
Click on the thumbnails for larger images from the episode.
UNCANNY X-MEN #448 -- THE COMPLETE ISSUE
Marvel Comics has provided The Continuum with the complete issue of Uncanny X-Men #448, which is scheduled to reach stores on Sept. 1.
Here's how Marvel describes the issue:
"'Guess Who's Back in Town?' part 1 of 2. After their battle with the Fury, the X-Men look forward to a pleasant visit in England with their old friends Brian and Meggan Braddock -- but naturally, fate has other plans! A surprise villain with an especially ugly history with Wolverine and a score to settle with Sage is crashing the party...and she's not leaving without the life of an X-Man."
Uncanny X-Men #448 will be 32 pages and will cost $2.25.
Click on the thumbnails for larger images.
"We've been hyping this issue for a long time, and although we always try to generously overprint, we can only risk printing so many," said Josh Blaylock of Devi's Due. I worry that some retailers are not ordering enough on their initial numbers. We urge everyone to take this into consideration for issue #34 and beyond. The fate of General Hawk is going get a lot of fans talking."
COMICS CONTINUUM BACK ISSUES
In case you missed The Continuum's recent coverage, here are some links:
* For Sunday, Aug. 15, including Batman Begins news and other news from Wizard World Chicago, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, Aug. 14, including Green Lantern news and other news from Wizard World Chicago, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, Aug. 13, including J. Scott Campbell news, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Aug. 12, including Dark Horse's solicitations for November, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Aug. 11, including Smallville news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, Aug. 10, including Lady Death movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, Aug. 9, including Sin City movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, Aug. 7, including X-Men DVD news, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, Aug. 6, including Global Frequency TV news, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Aug. 5, including Marvel Comics news, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Aug. 4, including DC Comics news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, Aug. 3, including Smallville news, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, Aug. 2, including Teen Titans animated news, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, July 31, including Constantine movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, July 30, including The Batman animated news, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, July 29, including Blade: Trinity news, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, July 28, including Justice League Unlimited news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, July 27, including an interview with the cast of the Fantastic Four movie, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, July 26, including Comic-Con International news, CLICK HERE.
* For Sunday, July 25, including Comic-Con International news, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, July 24, including Marvel Comics' solicitiations for October, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, July 23, including Comic-Con International news, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, July 22, including an interview with Catwoman screenwriter John Brancato, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, July 21, including Devil's Due solicitations for October, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, July 20, including Catwoman movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, July 19, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, July 17, including an interview with Catwoman star Halle Berry, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, July 16, including an interview with Catwoman star Sharon Stone, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, July 15, including Smallville news, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, July 14, including Dark Horse's solicitations for October, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, July 13, including an interview with Catwoman star Benjamin Bratt, CLICK HERE.
E-mail the Continuum at RobAlls@aol.com
Copyright © 2004, The Comics Continuum