Tuesday, December 28, 2004
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED UPDATE
Cartoon Network has announced new episodes of Justice League Unlimited for January.
"The Once and Future Thing, Part 1" will air on Saturday, Jan. 22 at 8:30 p.m. The second part of the episode will air on Saturday, Jan. 29 at 8:30 p.m.
Following is a roundup of episodes for the month:
"Dark Heart" on Saturday, Jan. 8 at 8:30 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 9 at 5 p.m.; "Wake the Dead" on Saturday, Jan. 15 at 8:30 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 16 at 5 p.m.; "The Once and Future Thing, Part 1" on Saturday, Jan. 22 at 8:30 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 23 at 5 p.m.; "The Once and Future Thing, Part 2" on Saturday, Jan. 29 at 8:30 and Sunday, Jan. 30 at 5 p.m.
In other Justice League news, Buffy the Vampire Slayer alumni Armin Shimerman and Juliet Landau are providing guest voices in upcoming episodes.
Shimerman, who was Principal Snyder in Buffy, will provide the voice of Dr. Milo.
Shimeran also did the voice of Toad in the X-Men Legends videogame and was Quark in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Landau, who was Drusilla in Buffy, will provide the voice of Tala. It's possible she'll be doing one or two more voices for the show, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.
Click on the thumbnails for larger images and look for more Justice League Unlimited news soon here in The Continuum.
MARVEL MOVIE ROUNDUP
Fierce Entertainment's Christopher Petzel, producer of the Man-Thing movie, told The Continuum he anticipates an early 2005 release date for the film.
"As far as I am aware Lions Gate is planning a release during the month of April 2005," Petzel told The Continuum.
Petzel said he anticipates official word on the movie in late January.
The horror film was directed by Brett Leonard.
In other Marvel movie news:
* Jennifer Garner, who is starring in the Elektra movie, will be appearing on NBC's Late Night with Conan O'Brien on Thursday, Jan. 13.
Garner will be in New York City that week because she will be the host of NBC's Saturday Night Live.
* Elektra has been rated PG-13.
* Look for more Marvel movie news on Wednesday here in The Continuum.
DC COMICS FIRST LOOKS
For covers and three-page previews of DC Comics titles arriving in stores in March, CLICK HERE.
Titles include Lex Luthor: Man of Steel #1, Otherworld #1 and The Razor's Edge: Redbird #1.
Look for more First Looks on Wednesday here in The Continuum.
MIKE MCKONE EXCLUSIVE TO MARVEL
Marvel Comics announced on Tuesday that Mike McKone has signed a two-year exclusive contract and will be joining J. Michael Straczynski on Fantastic Four.
"I'm moving back to the House of Ideas and it feels great," said McKone, who has been drawing Teen Titans for DC Comics. "Thanks to Mike Marts, Joe Q, and Dan Buckley, the opportunity to contribute a little more to the Marvel Universe came along and I>'m grabbing it with both hands!"
McKone has drawn such Marvel titles as Exiles, Thor, Spider-Man 2099, Punisher and Hulk.
"Mike's art has truly made us sit up and take notice," Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada said. "He's got a fantastic flair for action and we couldn't be more thrilled that he agreed to come back to the Marvel Bullpen."
On his new assignment, McKone said: "I'm going to draw my favorite comic book in the whole wide world. I'm going to be drawing the Fantastic Four!"
COMICS CONTINUUM BACK ISSUES
In case you missed The Continuum's recent coverage, here are some links:
* For Tuesday, Dec. 21, Elektra movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, Dec. 18, including Devil's Due Publishing's solicitations for March, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, Dec. 17, including David Goyer writing and directing a Flash movie, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Dec. 16, including Fantastic Four movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Dec. 15, including Elektra movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, Dec. 14, including Fantastic Four movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, Dec. 13, including DC Comics' solicitations for March, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, Dec. 11, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, Dec. 10, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Dec. 9, including Marvel Comics news, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Dec. 8, including Dark Horse Comics' solicitations for March, CLICK HERE.
E-mail the Continuum at RobAlls@aol.com
Copyright © 2004, The Comics Continuum