Monday, September 1, 2003
STREET FIGHTER UPDATE
Ken Siu-Chong, writer of UDON's Street Fighter comic book, told The Continuum he is looking for a mix in his approach to the title.
Street Fighter #1, due in stores this week, has already sold out at Image Comics, and a second printing will be available on Sept. 10.
Street Fighter's first story arc will last six issues.
"After a year we'll go into the big tournament," said Erik Ko, chief of operations for UDON, adding that the studio has the license for three years.
Ko said plans are for at least the first 12 issues of Street Fighter to continue with Powerfoil covers featuring individual characters. Adam Warren is providing a cover for the second issue.
Here's how Image describes the first issue:
"Ryu makes a solemn journey from Japan to San Francisco to deliver grave news to his old friend and sparring partner, Ken - that their master has been murdered by an unknown enemy. Meanwhile, Guile, fueled by his need for vengeance as much as his sense of duty, delves into Interpol's investigation of Shadaloo, the criminal organization responsible for the mysterious disappearance of his comrade and closest friend, Charlie."
Click on the thumbnails for look at the covers and first four pages to Street Fighter #1.
TEEN TITANS UPDATE
Cartoon Network has released its schedule of Teen Titans episodes for Oct. 6-Nov. 2.
Following is a rundown (all times ET):
* "Apprentice, Part 2" -- Saturday, Oct. 11 at noon and 9 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 12 at 10 p.m.
* "Divide and Conquer" -- Saturday, Oct. 18 at noon and 9 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 19 at 10 p.m.
* "Sisters" -- Saturday, Oct. 25 at noon and 9 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 26 at 10 p.m.
* "Final Exam" -- Saturday, Nov. 1 at noon and 9 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 2 at 10 p.m.
Look for more Teen Titans news soon here in The Continuum.
ANGEL TRADING CARDS
Fox Licensing & Merchandising and Inkworks have announced an all-new set of premium trading cards based on the fourth season of The WB's television series, Angel.
The fourth series of trading cards contains 90 base cards that include full episodic coverage of season four. Additionally, the set has bonus Cards, including 10 different autographed cards and four different Pieceworks Cards, both of which are inserted one per box. Pieceworks Cards are special, randomly inserted cards that each contain an actual piece of a costume worn on-screen during the filming of Angel.
The randomly inserted bonus cards are:
* Autographed Cards: Inserted approximately one per box. 10 cards: Eliza Dushku (Faith), Gina Torres (Jasmine), Adrienne Wilkinson (Flapper), David Denman (Skip), Vladimir Kulich (The Beast), David Monahan (Garrett), Randy Oglesby (Prof Seidel), Jack Kehler (Manny), Roger Yuan (Wo-Pang), and Jeff Ricketts (Spider Monster). (10 cards - Appx. odds 1:36 packs).
* Pieceworks Cards:- Inserted approximately one per box. Four different show-worn costume-embedded cards featuring: David Boreanaz as Angel - Shirt, Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia - Blouse, Vincent Kartheiser as Connor - Shirt, Gina Torres as Jasmine - Pants. (Four cards - Appx. odds 1:36 packs).
* "Deceptions" Cards - Nine-card foil puzzle featuring favorite characters from Season Four beautifully printed on foil (Nine cards - Appx. odds 1:11 packs).
* "Redemption" Cards - Six foil and embossed cards featuring the redemption of Faith, Darla, Connor, Wesley and Angel. (Six cards - Appx. odds 1:17 packs).
IDW COLLECTS I AM LEGEND
IDW Publishing is bringing a horror classic back to bookshelves in November: the Steve Niles/Elman Brown adaptation of Richard Matheson's novel of fear and vampirism, I Am Legend.
The story of the last man on an Earth overrun by the undead, I Am Legend has seen life as a novel and has been adapted for movies several times. Niles adapted the novel for a four-volume graphic novel more than a decade ago, with art by Elman Brown. The original issues are collected here for the first time in one deluxe volume. These books have long been out of print, and the time is right for today's readers to get bitten by I Am Legend.
"It will always be one of the biggest thrills of my life that I had the chance to adapt I Am Legend," Niles said. "It was the first book I ever read and loved and remains of my favorite horror stories to this day. Thank you, Mr. Matheson!"
Richard Matheson's I Am Legend is a 248-page, black and white trade
paperback graphic novel, on sale in November at a price of $35.
WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO UPDATE
In case you missed The Continuum's coverage of Wizard World Chicago, here are some links:
For DC's Superman panel, CLICK HERE.
For Top Cow's Witchblade panel, CLICK HERE.
For DC's Vertigo panel, CLICK HERE.
For Marvel's Ultimate panel, CLICK HERE.
For Marvel's X-Men panel, CLICK HERE.
For DC's DC Universe panel, CLICK HERE.
For the Aspen panel, CLICK HERE.
For the Marvel panel, CLICK HERE.
For the WildStorm panel, CLICK HERE.
E-mail the Continuum at RobAlls@aol.com
Copyright © 2003, The Comics Continuum