Friday, January 14, 2005
FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE UPDATE
The Fantastic Four trailer reaches theaters on Friday -- attached only with Elektra -- but a short segment of the trailer was presented Thursday on MTV's Total Request Live.
The segment highlighted all four of the members' powers, and even showed Sue Storm in battle with Doctor Doom in his headquarters, using her force field.
The trailer will be online on Monday with the launch of the film's official site.
Click on the thumbnails for larger images and look for more on Fantastic Four soon here in The Continuum.
IDW PUBLISHING FOR MAY
IDW Publishing has released its solicitation information for May.
For a rundown, with cover images, CLICK HERE.
For covers and four- to five-page previews of upcoming titles, CLICK HERE.
Titles include Breakdown #3 and Blade of Kumori #3 from Devil's Due Publishing, X-23 #2 from Marvel Comics and Manga Darkchylde #1 from Dark Horse Comics.
Look for more First Looks on Saturday here in The Continuum.
RED SONJA COLLECTIBLES
Dynamic Forces announced a deal that includes the production of limited edition and collectible merchandise featuring Red Sonja.
Perhaps best known from the Marvel comic book series (running off and on from 1979 until 1986), the character first appeared in comics in Conan the Barbarian #23.
"We have big plans for Sonja in 2005," said Nick Barrucci, President of Dynamic Forces. "When Sonja first appeared in Conan #23, it was a great and classic issue, and one which Sonja really shined. We're going to take the same strength of character to place Sonja back on top in all categories! We feel very lucky, as we not only get to draw upon Red Sonja's solo comics, but the entire history of her comics to create cool collectibles. This is a great follow up in addition to the Conan license that we acquired and announced on Monday!"
The license allows for Dynamic Forces to produce trading cards, lithographs, giclees, acetate lithos, wall scrolls, limited edition resin items -- including statues, busts, bookends, snowglobes -- featuring images and characters from both the film and classic comics.
COMICS CONTINUUM BACK ISSUES
In case you missed The Continuum's recent coverage, here are some links:
* For Thursday, Jan. 6, including new on the new comic by J.M. DeMatteis and Mike Ploog, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Jan. 5, including V for Vendetta movie news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, Jan. 4, including Angel news, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, Jan. 3, including Red Sonja news, CLICK HERE.
* For Saturday, Jan. 1, including IDW Publishing's solicitations for April, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Dec. 30, including Marvel Comics news, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Dec. 29, including DC Comics news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, Dec. 28, including Justice League Unlimited animated news, CLICK HERE.
* For Monday, Dec. 27, including Teen Titans animated news, CLICK HERE.
* For Friday, Dec. 24, including Marvel Comics news, CLICK HERE.
* For Thursday, Dec. 23, including Marvel Comics' solicitations for March, CLICK HERE.
* For Wednesday, Dec. 22, including DC and Image news, CLICK HERE.
* For Tuesday, Dec. 21, including Elektra movie news, CLICK HERE.
E-mail the Continuum at RobAlls@aol.com
Copyright © 2005, The Comics Continuum